NFL Football Season Predictions
Football season here. The Steelers and Patriots kick off at 8:30 p.m. Thursday at Gillette Stadium, the start of New England’s title defense after a long offseason unlike any other the NFL has seen.
The slow buildup to Week 1 lends itself to extensive preview coverage, and in the days leading up to now, we did just that. If you’ve been off the grind lately — or just need a refresher — here are some of the highlights from our NFL preview stuff, for your perusing pleasure Thursday and before the season gets going in earnest Sunday.
• Will Leitch made 125 predictions for the season, including the Patriots repeating as champs and Tom Brady repeating as Super Bowl MVP.
• Ross Tucker disagreed in his season preview, in which he called the Packers the team to beat.
• Leitch also found reasons for fans of all 32 teams to be optimistic — a task that was, at times, very difficult.
• Kenneth Arthur picked his most overrated teams. If you root for the Colts, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers or Cardinals, click at your own risk.
• Robert Weintraub ranked the divisions. Which is first? (Hint: not the AFC South.)
• Deflategate is still a bunch of nonsense, but hopefully it is in effect over now.
• For Week 1-specific reading, we offer Exictement Rankings and the Man vs. Machine pick ’em column.